Henri Mignet was a legendary French amateur aircraft builder, and designer of the popular ‘Flying Flea’. This Diploma was established by the FAI in 1984 upon a proposal by the FAI Amateur Built Aircraft Committee. This diploma is awarded each year to an amateur aircraft builder or a group of builders, who have developed an aircraft of any category and has one or more of the required characteristics:
– Low cost of operation and of building,
– Simple design,
– Ease of construction and maintenance,
– Outstanding flying characteristics,
– Special features and innovative concept,
– Alternate fuels, use of alternate materials and low noise levels.
Eric Raymond has been nominated for FAI Henri-Mignet Diploma for 2015 and he received this award for his demonstration of Solar-Powered Aircraft for sport and adventure flying.